This article will guide you through testing your membership approval process.
Finding the Membership Application Link
1. Log in to your Member365 Administrator Dashboard.
2. On the top bar, click ‘Membership‘.
3. In the ‘Membership Categories’ section, click ‘Manage‘.
4. Find the membership category whose application you would like to test, click the chain-link icon next to its name, and click ‘Copy Link to Clipboard‘ in the window that pops up.
Testing the Application Process
5. Open an incognito browser window in your web browser; instructions are provided below.
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
This will ensure that the membership form begins blank instead of being filled in with data from your open Administrator account.
6. Paste the link you copied earlier into the address bar to arrive at the following screen; enter an email address that does not exist in the system, then click ‘Continue‘.
7. At the top of the application, verify that the description of the membership category is accurate.
8. Scroll down to the next section and ensure that all fields you intend to require are marked with an asterisk. In the example below, ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’ are mandatory, and the rest are not. (The email address is the one entered in step 6, and cannot be removed.)
9. Scroll further to the ‘Contact Information’ section, and verify that all fields you intend to be mandatory are marked with an asterisk; in the below example, none of the fields are mandatory. Click the ‘Social Media‘ tab to examine the user’s options for entering social media contact information. Then click ‘Continue‘.
10. The next page will present you with any choice of fee categories that you have enabled, followed by any Extended Fields form that you have attached to this membership — these are the first and second boxes indicated here.
The third box, by default, will display the Code of Conduct and email consent disclaimers, and will display any additional disclaimers you have added as well. Clicking on the name of a disclaimer should display it.
11. Click ‘Continue‘ once you are ready to proceed.
12. Double-check the membership fee and whether any applicable taxes have been added, then move down to ensure that you can see all payment methods you intend to offer.
Situation 1 (Credit Card): if you select ‘Credit Card‘ and then ‘Process Payment‘, you will be brought to a screen where you or the member can enter payment details.
Situation 2 (Cash or Check): if you select one of these two options and then ‘Process Payment‘, you will be presented with the following message:
Reviewing and Approving the Submitted Application
12. Return to the window where you are logged into the CRM. On the dashboard, you should see an alert labelled ‘Applications pending review‘. Click it to proceed.
13. On the next page, you will find an entry corresponding to the application you just submitted; click the ‘Review‘ button to proceed.
14. On the next page, you will see the details of the membership application, and you will be given the options to approve the membership by clicking ‘Approve‘. The ‘Mark as Paid‘ option will only appear if you have opted to pay by cash or check; otherwise, it will not appear.
15. If you elected to pay by credit card, simply click ‘Approve‘ to finalize the membership.
If you elected to pay by cash or check, click ‘Mark as Paid‘ to bring up a new window, ‘Mark Invoice as Paid’; click the payment type that corresponds to the payment type.
Check: Fill in the check number, the date received, and any necessary comments, then click ‘Continue and Send Email‘.
Cash: Follow the same steps as cheque payment, without including a check number.
Congratulations, you have verified your membership approval process!