This article will detail the steps required to add a list of Registrants to an Event manually.
You may need to use the import tool because your attendees registered elsewhere or maybe there’s not enough time for them to register themselves, or to go through the formal process.
Regardless of the circumstances, this article will show you how to add Registrants to your Event manually, without going through the formal process!
Reviewing Your Contact List
1. From the Member365 Administrator Dashboard, click ‘Contacts‘ at the top of the page.
2. On the page that follows, click ‘Manage‘ next to ‘Contacts’.
3. Use the search bar to confirm that the registrants you are importing exist as Contacts in the system.
If there is someone you wish to import who does not exist as a Contact, you will need to create a record for them before proceeding with the rest of the steps.
Accessing the Import Feature
4. Click ‘Events‘ from the bar at the top of the screen.
5. On the page that follows, click ‘Reports’ next to ‘Event Reports’.
6. Locate the Event to which you want to import registrants, using the search bar if necessary, then click its name.
7. Click the ‘Import‘ tab.
Filling and Importing the Registration Template
8. Click the text ‘Get started by downloading the Import Template‘ to initiate a download of the Excel Template.
9. Make a copy of this Excel File for each Ticket Type combination that you will be assigning registrants to.
10. For each Ticket Type option, populate the Excel file with its relevant Contacts row-by-row under the ‘Email Address’ cell.
You can use ‘Member Number’ instead of ‘Email Address’ if that suits your workflow better. Save the Excel File once you have populated the list of registrants for this Ticket Type.
11. Back in Member365, click the ‘Choose File’ button to add an Excel File. Check off the subset of tickets that applies to this Excel File, then click ‘+ Import’.
12. Repeat Step 11 for each of your Excel Files, changing the Ticket Type checkboxes as necessary for each import.
Congratulations, you now know how to import Event Registrants manually!