This article will guide you through creating an LMS course assignment that offers the user an external website to visit in order to complete the assignment. The configuration process will allow you to choose how the user’s completion of this assignment is validated — either by submitting a file directly through Member365 or upon the external site recognizing that they have completed a particular task.
Accessing Course Configuration
1. Log in to your Member365 Administrator Dashboard.
2. On the top bar, click ‘Modules‘, then hover over ‘Learning Management (LMS)‘ and then click ‘Course Management‘.
3. Click on the name of the course to which you would like to add an assignment.
Adding an Assignment
4. Click the ‘Assignments‘ tab.
5. Click ‘Add Assignment‘.
6. Click on the tab marked ‘URL‘. A smaller window featuring a disclaimer will appear; this disclaimer will warn you that any work you have done in this tab will be lost when you switch tabs; click ‘Continue‘ to switch tabs.
7. In the three boxes indicated, enter the name of the assignment, the description that the user will see, and the URL of the website to which you wish to direct the user.
8. The section shown in the blue box in the following image will vary depending on the status of the toggle switch: the ‘Proof Type‘ setting will only appear if ‘Require Proof of Completion?‘ is set to the left/green position as shown here. Decide whether you will require proof of completion, and if you do, choose the type of proof you desire: ‘File Upload‘ means that the user will have to submit a file in order to prove completion, while ‘Training Completion‘ means that the user must complete a task and be recognized by the site to which you have linked them.
9. If you wish to add a message that will be shown to the user upon completion of the assignment, set the toggle switch shown to the left position so that it turns green. Doing so will cause a new text editor to appear, and you may create the desired message in that text editor.
10. Click ‘Save‘ when you are satisfied.
11. Click ‘Update‘ when you are done adding assignments.
Congratulations, you have added an assignment featuring an external website!