This step provides step-by-step instructions on how to process refunds in Member365. To start:
Navigate to the Correct Invoice
1. From your administrator dashboard, click ‘Financial‘ in the top toolbar.
2. In the section marked ‘Invoices’, click ‘Manage‘.
Issue The Refund
3. Using the search bar, or selecting from the available list, navigate to the refund you would like to issue a refund for, and click it.
4. Click the red ‘+Add a Refund‘ button. This will insert a new line into the invoice. To process the refund, fill out:
- Item/Description: Describe the nature of the refund here.
- Units: Indicate how many units are to be refunded.
- Unit fee: Indicate the cost of each unit.
- Tax: Select the appropriate tax rate, as applicable.
- Account: Select the relevant ledger account.
5. Once completed, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue ‘Process Refund‘ button. A pop up dialogue will appear, allowing you to send an email to the contact confirming the refund, or to skip the email and simply process it.
7. If you choose to send a confirmation email, an additional dialogue will open, displaying the content that will be emailed to the contact. If desired, you can edit this text, and the refund receipt will be added to the email upon sending.
Congratulations! You’ve learned to process a refund!