No two Contact Records can exist with the same email in Member365. If someone tries to use an email that already exists in the system, they will receive an error message informing them that the email address is not unique.
What should you do when this happens?
Most of the time, you can pull up any Contact Record as an Administrator if you have its email. The search bar will tell you who the email belongs to.
In some instances, however, you will not find any Contact Record associated to the email in question. When this occurs, you should check the Contact Delete Report.
Checking the System
If you receive an “Email Address Is Not Unique” error message, the first step is to check your system.
1. Use the search bar at the top of the Administrator Dashboard to check whether a Contact Record exists with the email in question.
2. If a Contact Record appears with the email in question, perform an assessment. Ask yourself whether this Contact Record is legitimate.
Contact Delete Report
When you delete a Contact Record in Member365, it is only soft deleted. As an Administrator, you can restore soft deleted contacts at any time.
As such, however, a contact that is soft deleted still takes up its corresponding email address.
1. From the Member365 Administrator Dashboard, click ‘Contacts’ at the top of the screen.
2. Click ‘Reports’ next to ‘Contact Reports’ on the page that follows.
3. From the list of reports, click ‘Contact Delete Report’.
4. Look for the email address in question from the list of deleted contacts. Use your discretion as an Administrator to determine how to proceed.
If, however, the email address does not correspond to a Contact Record in your system nor in the Contact Delete Report, then you will need to reach out to our Support Team.
Congratulations, you now know what to do when you see an “Email Address is Not Unique” error!